Wednesday 20 March 2013

Paris study trip!

Hi all!

Exciting news, tomorrow I fly to Paris with the art history department at my university to research for my international study project! I'll be there for 4 nights and will be taking a lot of pictures and doing a lot of artistic research to share for when I get back. 

My project is on the Mémorial des Martyrs de la Déportation on Île de la Cité behind the Notre Dame cathedral. It's a Holocaust memorial dedicated to the 200,000 people deported from France under Vichy rule, most would've perished in Nazi concentration camps. I'm concentrating on how the memorial works with the space surrounding it including the Catholic cathedral, Notre Dame, because the Catholic Church were notoriously anti Semitic during and just after WW2. 

I will also be doing a tonne of touristy stuff because I've never been to Paris before! I have an early start though so better get to sleep. See you all on Monday!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment