Sunday 17 March 2013

Romero Britto

After I finished working at camp last summer, a few others and myself flew down to Miami for some well deserved sunshine and rest. Miami is beautiful and I would love to go back after I turn 21, it's so vibrant and busy, everyone is young and beautiful and there's so much to see and do.

One night after we finished our meal, a couple of us were walking down Lincoln Road looking for a frozen yoghurt shop and we stumbled across a colourful and bright shopfront, Romero Britto's gallery, nicknamed 'Britto Central'. We went inside and stayed in there for a good hour. His work is so rich and lively, a mix of cubism and pop, as he says on his website. We walked out of the gallery feeling really good about ourselves and 10x happier than we had done walking in. I fully understand now the point of art therapy and how art can lighten someone's mood since spending an hour in Britto Central.

Romero Britto is originally from Brazil, a self taught artist whose major influences are Matisse and Picasso after being introduced to their work on a trip to Paris. He moved to Miami age 25 and shortly after became an internationally reputable artist, believing the main aim of artists should be to enforce 'positive change'. 


My personal favourite and my phone case - Mona Cat
Britto

No comments:

Post a Comment